Well, having given in and had a good whinge about the lack of time for writing, I had a terrific response with suggestions on how to kick the writing blues.
I’d like to sincerely thank everyone who responded, becauset it really has made a difference. I haven’t yet had a chance to put all the suggestions into practice, but I have been seizing more of those half hours, and prioritising my writing more. Hence, since that post a couple of weeks ago, I’ve managed to:
- Usefully edit a short story I wrote a while ago,
- Write half of a new short story,
- Start updating my Goodreads status,
- Written various zombie themed haiku, and submitted them to a publication which was after that type of thing,
- Investigate other avenues for short story submissions,
- Started keeping a small notebook, to record ideas and keep a writing ‘to-do’ list (at opposite ends of the notebook, so the practical doesn’t pollute the fanciful),
- Write a blog post or two, and most importantly
- Finish the final edit of my novel!
I’m particularly excited about that last item – it’s been such a long slog, and it’s terrific to finally get there. Just some formatting for e-book, and final tweaks to the cover art, and it will be ready to be released on an unsuspecting world.
So thanks again everyone. I badly needed a kick to get things rolling again, and you were inspirational.