I have been sadly remiss in not replying to two very kind nominations for blogging awards recently, which I hope to make up now!
Sheila Hurst was kind enough to nominate me for the Kreativ Blogger award (which has very creeaytef spelling). Thank you Sheila! If you haven’t visited Sheila’s blog before, then please do so. You won’t be disappointed – she has terrific photography and poetry, and also interesting excerpts from life at Cape Cod.
Amanda has sweetly nominated my blog for the Reader’s Appreciation Award, which recognises those people who most regularly read and comment on my blog. Thanks guys! You make it all worthwhile.
Amy writes Storyteller in a Digital Age, a thought provoking and passionate blog about writing and her journey to become a better writer.
For the former award, I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Hopefully you haven’t heard them before!
1) I don’t drink any caffeine (chocolate doesn’t count, does it? ;)), as I became addicted very easily, and going cold turkey was ten days of hell I’d rather not repeat. Did anyone mention grumpy zombies?
2) When I’m not writing, eating, sleeping or messing about, I spend a fair bit of my time designing playspaces. The best part is seeing them used, and people having a great time on them – quite a buzz!
3) My first book, written in primary school, was called “Zap the Cat and the Nose Itcher”. Not a great literary work.
4) I like to eat apple peel. I like apples too, but if someone can get the whole peel off in one strip, I really enjoy chomping that up.
5) I’m about seven months pregnant. I guess I had to own up sometime. This is particularly ironic, as there is a bit of discussion about pregnancy in my book (please don’t let this put you off – it is relevant to the story), but at the time I wrote it, I had no plans whatsoever in that direction.
6) I’ve just published my first novel on Amazon! ‘The Artemis Effect’. Sorry – just had to mention it again. Pretty exciting for me.
For the Reader’s Appreciation Award, I have to tell you what I’m up to at the moment.
Not a lot, frankly! Sitting on the sofa, shivering (because it only got to 14 degrees C today), with my cat sitting nearby, sneezing periodically. The magnolia outside is in full bloom, and the flowers are glowing softly in the moonlight. Someone is revving their car engine in the street, and I’m looking forward to Spaghetti bolognese for dinner.
Today I spent the day at a professional development course about planting, during which we got to make a Living Willow cubby, which was great fun. They look like hobbits should live in them.
Anyway, enough about me.
I’d like to nominate some terrific blogs for both awards. Please check them out!
For the Kreativ Blogger:
For the Reader’s Appreciation:
I would nominate David at Fivereflections, but I’m not sure he accepts awards. Great haiku though!
Thank you for all your support! 🙂